When it comes to ensuring the durability of your house or offices, waterproofing plays a significant role. The concept can be applied in the basement of structures, roofs, Swimming pools, inside of walls and most importantly the bathrooms and kitchens.
There are various methods of waterproofing that ensure an overall protection of the vicinity through locking the water to seep into the adjacent areas.
1. Cementitious Waterproofing: It is the most basic and an easy way to perform Waterproofing during the times of construction. The easy thing is that you can obtain the material involved in the process easy from any hardware store. The method is applied on the internal areas of the bathrooms which are prone to water. As the waterproofing is done inside the bathroom, it is not exposed to the effect of sunlight and hence it doesn’t undergo the expansion or contraction process.
The applications of the Cementitious waterproofing can be of great worth:
You can apply the method for the waterproofing of Water treatment plants, Bridges, Parking Lots, Dams, Sewage treatment plants, River locks and more.
2. Liquid Waterproofing membrane method: This involves the inculcation of a thing primer coat and two layers of the top coats which are deployed via spray, roller or can be with the aid of a trowel as well. The method is famous due to its properties, it offers more flexibility than any other method of waterproofing. With over 280% of the elongation range, the liquid waterproofing can be your best pick.
3. Bituminous Coat Waterproofing method: With the introduction of Polymer grade in the formularization of waterproof coating, Bituminous Coating method has been derived. The method offers an unprecedented level of flexibility to the surface, the protection against the water has been upgraded as well with the use of the Bituminous method. The method is also known as the asphalt coating in various regions of the world. The method is applied amidst the areas that rest beneath the screed wet conditions. The method provides an excellent protective shield against the water when it comes to concrete surfaces.
4. Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing method: If you’re looking forward to shielding your low-sloped roofs from the water, then Bituminous Membrane methods can be your best pick. The proven performance of the Bituminous Membrane covering is unmatched, with self-adhesive membrane the concept is revolutionizing the way waterproofing is done. Asphalt, Polymers and fillers are the prime ingredients of the Self-Adhesive compound. Several sorts of oil resins have also been added to the mixture to improve the adhesion property.
5. Polyurethane Liquid Waterproofing: The method is best suited for the coating of the flat roof surfaces, it can do wonders for your homes, offices and much more. The method can be bit expensive but it’s worth every buck you spend. Polyurethane is the prime compound, it is highly sensitive to the moisture content, one needs to check the moisture level of the concrete surfaces before the deployment. The method provides a top-notch to of protection from the water.
Check out Plumbing Services in Singapore